x
x
- Went to Mirror Lake. We did a loop - home to Evanston, Wyoming (where I got a set of amazing vintage copper color canisters for $7.50 at a cute second hand store) to Mirror Lake to Park City to home. There was gorgeous scenery, picnic, rock hopping, slow sheep, injuries...good times were had by all!
- We went on a day trip to Bear Lake. Found out most of the shoreline is privately owned. Drove and drove until we were in Idaho and found a beach at the tippy top of the lake. It was no San Diego, but there was sand, warm water, and teeny tiny waveage when the boats would go by. Loved it!
- Farmers Market. I love the Farmer's Market. Yay for Jan the produce lady. She grows great fruits and veggies and looks like the quintessential farmer lady. I like my produce buying experience to be authentic!
- Davis County Fair. I LOVE the small town fair experience. All-you-can-eat ice cream (though I couldn't eat any - but hey, then I wasn't sick either!), dogs jumping into water, D.A.R.E. sheriffs magic tricks, more free crap than you can possibly need, the AVON lady explaining to me that her pedicure tool worked better than the ped-o-file you see on tv (I laughed so hard when she realized what she'd said). It was so much fun, we even went back a second time!
- 4th of July Parade and Fireworks. I had no idea that there were so many darn dance/gymnastic/cheer schools here. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who didn't have a child dancing/tumbling/cheering in the parade!! The incredibly small number of actual floats was disappointing, but we didn't let it detract from all the making fun of the realtors (seriously - who puts their huge caricature on a Hummer - super scary!!)
- David Osmond - again!! He put out a new album with Deseret Book and did a free outdoor concert. Best part - sitting outside with my daughter eating 5 Guys Burgers while listening to the concert. Most Awkward part - his wife singing back-up while reading the lyrics off the liner notes of the CD.
- D.I. - our goal was to go to every D.I. from St. George to Logan (that roughly follow the 15 - nothing crazy like Richfield or Vernal). We hit a great many - with only 2 left to go - American Fork and Toole. I say, make fun and attainable goals!
- Left notes in library books. I read an article online about Keri Smith (hidden fortunes is on page 2). If you go to the Centerville library - you just might see some of our hidden handiwork!
- Books, books and more books. Definitely the summer of reading. I read Hunger Games after many recommendations, and I'll have to say, I really did like it. And Catching Fire as well (thanks Sherrie for lending it to me!). I've yet to read the 3rd book - but as soon as someone is done and wants to lend it to me I will :) I loved Very Valentine and the sequel Brava, Valentine. I just finished P.S. I Love You which I thought would be too sad, but it wasn't. I hesitate to list the books I didn't like - especially the mormon lit ones, because some of you might know the authors...so I won't go there for now! Another book I spent some time with is life is a verb which I just love!! It's such a beautiful book - her readers illustrated the essays - it's amazing. Her blog - 37 days is pretty great too!
It was the most relaxing, unscheduled summer I've had in a long time. We just spent tons of time together hanging out and doing whatever they day dictated - tons of video games, and movies and night games, and birthdays...but mostly hanging out. We didn't make it to everything on our list...
- BYU
- Hogel Zoo
- Front Runner to Salt Lake
- Chanting Monks (yes, I'm still trying to get there!)
- Drive-in movie
but like my sister says, you have to save something for next time! And those items will make great Saturday activities for Fall!
It was the first time I can remember the kids going off to school and me not feeling like we hadn't spent enough time together. Ok - I totally can't make that sentence make sense - but I hope you get the gist of it!
I'll definitely have to say - a good time was had by all!!



7 comments:
I have yet to get to the Farmer's Market this year.
Hope you get to the State fair. There is nothing like all the fried food you can eat.
What a fun summer with the family! I'm sad I missed your St G visit!
Looks like a wonderful time! How sad that the summer is ending---even though I don't have to go back to school, it's still a bummer.
The Hogle Zoo is bad news in the summer. The animals and hot and boring. I say go when it starts to get a little chilly and maybe they'll actually move around.
It looks like you did some totally cool things this past summer
I love fairs
farmers market
travel
the D.I. thing was hysterical. Who would have thought, a visit to every D.I.
what were your amazing purchases???
hope your fall holds as many great adventures
I wish my summer had been a little less full of scheduled activities, but what can you do.
Glad you had so much fun.
Holy cow! You had quite the jam-packed summer! Sounds like a lot of fun. I love when they go back to school and you feel that you really took advantage of the summer with your kids.
What a fun summer. I can't wait to help you make your Tooele dream come true. And A.F. for that matter. What day are we going again? First Tuesday in October?
I want to check out that Love is a Verb. FUN. Man, you did a lot of reading.
Post a Comment