Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If ya have a minute...

Here are some sites you totally HAVE to check out...I mean it, go ahead, click on them...you know you have time!  Do it I say! Not that I'm bossy or anything, of course not, I mean it's totally up to you.


First off - Wave at the bus.  This Dad (a fellow San Diegan living in Utah) dresses up each school day and stands outside and waves at his 15 year old son as his bus goes by.  Priceless!


Next, new guilty pleasure - The Mormon Bachelorette.  I found this on the sidebar of one of your blogs...Melinda's I think - thanks by the way!  


And Heather had her baby and he's gorgeous!  I met Heather at the first Bloggy gathering I went to - the one with Miss Heidi.  She's moved away and been very busy since she left!


Crash has a post today that hit close to home and she ends with an amazing quote: 


Sometimes you have to walk away. Without your shoes. And if nobody comes to get you, gosh darnit, go get yourself. 


I need to go get myself.  Or get over myself, not sure which one.


Fall is officially here, but I'm having a really hard time letting go of Summer.  The thought of chilly temps is giving me anxiety.  My first year here, I loved Fall and everything about it - the crispness, the beautiful colors, the anticipation of Winter - because I had no clue what was to come.  But now, Fall represents the dread of Winter - sad isn't it?  I must find a way to embrace the seasons.  It amazes me how much I'm affected by this.  I think I relate to San Diego in terms of weather and how life should be - mostly sunny with the occasional rain storm.


Here's an excerpt from a post I never published last Fall...I guess I'm no better this year!


This year - not.at.all. I want to, I really do.  I've tried, but I can't seem to enjoy it.  I think it's because I know what lies ahead. I've diagnosed myself with an ailment I think I made up...Seasonal Change Affective Disorder. The change of seasons causes anxiety and depression and an inability to form interesting, non-rude comments on peoples blogs when they write about how much they love Fall, blah, blah, blah. So if I haven't commented lately, it's probably because you wrote about Fall and how much you love it.


Wow! I think I might need professional help!  But until then, I shall continue to read Alyson's blog and hope some of her love for the seasons rubs off on me,  and I shall immerse myself in all that is Autumn!


I promise, if I can't make an attitude adjustment, I'll start Val's Whiny Weather Blog elsewhere - so you don't have to read it here!!


Thanks for listening and letting me be bossy.  I really appreciate it.


Happy Fall Y'all(hey, it's a start)



10 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

I am going to go check some of those blogs out. I love Crash's already, of course.

You SoCal girls don't like seasons, huh? Fall is an excuse to cuddle up to someone, watch football, and drink cocoa. Enjoy it! :)

mCat said...

I have lived here my whole life and STILL dread the end of summer.

Nice to know I am not alone

Melinda said...

I KNOW about the Mormon Bachelorette--SO FUN!

And now I MUST go check out the waving at the bus one!

Leilani said...

I grew up with Dale Price and Rochelle (Norton)-they were in my ward! - So funny to see what he comes up with each day.

Jenny said...

Going to check out each blog. I have enjoyed the fall weather this year. Although, I go through times where i miss San Diego's weather so much. One of those times is when the first snow hits.

Barbaloot said...

How did I not know there was a Mormon Bachelorette? And how am I not on it yet?!

Heidi said...

I do love fall but I always get sad and edgy at the end of summer b/c, like you, I know winter is on the way. And we don't even have snow, here! However, the constant change in humidity wreaks havoc with my fibro (and I imagine, yours, too!). So, fall, a season I have always adored, becomes tinged with sadness. I don't like that. Hang in there! (And I checked out your links--that man is so creative, isn't he?)

wendy said...

If you think Utah is BAD in the winter.....I'm telling ya Alberta is a buggar.
I too am dreading it already. So cold, so windy, and I get cabin fever. I don't know many people around here, and my best friend here lives an hour away, so it is even hard to get together and do things to break up the duldrums of winter...plus the roads are pretty bad sometimes to travel.
So......maybe you and I should start a weather whinney blog together eh.

I guess the key is trying to find things to keep us occupied eh.

hang in their Val.....and try to sneak in a trip to San Diego at least once in the winter.

charrette said...

That Wave at the Bus site is so great! Thanks for the link. And I can't believe Heather had her baby -- I met her the same day I met you, at Heidi's gathering! I'll have to stop by.

charrette said...

p.s. I'm from Southern California, and I LOVE the fall here. February? Now, that's a different story....