Monday, August 23, 2010

Spiritual Fortune Cookies

I may or may not have told my 17/18 year old Sunday School class that Proverbs are Spiritual Fortune Cookies...wonder how much longer I'll have that job?


Be back soon with a real post...pinky promise!!

9 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

I am racking my brain for that proverb that mentions MSG...

Awesome!

Barbaloot said...

Those are better than the real fortune cookies. They don't even have fortunes in them...just wise sayings!

Hope you're having a great summer!

Jillybean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillybean said...

When I was 15, our Sunday School teacher would take us to a local donut shop during SS. He didn't want to deal with the kids in the class that he would have after us, and wanted to be released from this calling.

Homer and Queen said...

I subbed Primary once and asked the kids if they knew why my sone was in a wheelchair. The said no and I told them it was because I whooped his butt for getting out of his seat during Primary!!!

Yeah...I got some phone calls from some parents...

wendy said...

I think that is awesome....you are MY kind of teacher.

so good to hear from you again

Lara Neves said...

I think that's the perfect description of Proverbs. And I'm sure that it certainly made it more interesting to your teenaged class!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha I lub it. Lub it lub it lub it.

I seriously want to meet you in Tooele one day for a D.I. fest.

Heidi said...

I think it's a great analogy!