Apparently I have allergies...allergies that I didn't even know I had. Allergies to things I eat every day of my life. Like peanuts, and wheat and corn and cod (ok, so I never eat that).
I've had 3 allergic reactions recently after eating out. Two at a chinese restaurant and one at a BBQ place. The second one was really scary for me - I felt like all the cells in my body were shutting down...I can't even describe how weird it felt and how strange that it just all went away as soon as the Benadryl kicked in - thank goodness!
Holy crap - I think almost every food on the planet seems to have some form of either wheat or corn or has been breathed on by a peanut. So if I truly am allergic to these things I'm going to be the most boring dining companion ever - If I could even find a restaurant I could still go to - so sad!!
I've had 3 allergic reactions recently after eating out. Two at a chinese restaurant and one at a BBQ place. The second one was really scary for me - I felt like all the cells in my body were shutting down...I can't even describe how weird it felt and how strange that it just all went away as soon as the Benadryl kicked in - thank goodness!
I know I'm allergic to shellfish - I'm careful - but cross contamination is always a possibility. So I was really surprised that I had a problem when I took my husband to a BBQ place for his b-day that served NO fish at all and had yet another reaction. Scary! So there's some other mystery item I'm allergic to :(
I went for allergy testing yesterday and came up positive to the aforementioned items - I was shocked - especially by the peanuts - I'd eaten it twice yesterday before the test!! They weren't serious positives - so now I'm on an elimination diet to see if I really have a problem with these foods. 4 days without the food then on the 5th day you eat a bunch of it and see what happens...fun!!
I'm still awaiting the results of the blood tests about the types of shellfish and some spices...on the upside, I'm a proud owner of 2 Epi pens and a buttload of Benadryl (which comes in really cute single dose liquid spoons! (that I'm never supposed to leave home without)
:=:=:
Now - on to the important stuff - We finally went to the David Osmond concert last week - what a fabulous time we had!!
He is so darn cute and so darn unassuming. He was just so darn thankful that we all came out for the launch of his new album.
We had front row seats and it was too funny, after we sat down, I turned around and we were by far the youngest people there - it was crazy ~ I'm thinking it's not the fan base he was hoping for!!
I went for my daughter - but I ended up loving his music. We've had the CD on major rotation since then (competing with the 2 GLEE CD's ~ also my faves). The girls decided they wanted to marry Osmonds - I told them there are plenty to go around - so it's a definite possibility :)
He was so sweet and came out and signed autographs and they had a professional photographer taking pictures of everyone with him that are available for free download on his site! How cool is that?
I'm afraid my daughter is going to be terribly disappointed when she goes to a normal concert with nosebleed seats and the closest you get to the star is watching them on stage through the binoculars!! But I'm glad this was her first...and that I got to share it with her.
:=:=:
I've been taking a great online Indie Business class and trying to get my crafting mojo back. I have an ETSY shop I've never even listed anything for sale in - sad huh? I've been in a creative funk for quite some time. I think this class is giving me the tools and kick in the pants I need to get it up and running. I'll keep ya posted!
Hope ya'll have a fabulous day! I'm off to be peanut free!


11 comments:
That's scary about the allergies. Glad you didn't die!
I was thinking about you this week. Hope you are doing well!
I love the Osmonds! And so glad to hear David is releasing his own album after American Idol let him go! He's awesome!
That picture is Donny? He looks much better than I imagined.
How fun for the two of you!
Get that creative vibe back and I will come shop at ETSY and buy something from ya!
Yikes! What can you eat now? I am sorry to see that your on special diet.
Good to hear from you again. sorry about the allergies, that really bites. How fun does that concert sound. Love the Osmonds.
I am not allergic to anything..........perhaps if I were, I'd be alot thinner. But that would really suck to have to watch so carefully everything you eat.
and how fun that your daughter can say David Osmond ..WAS HER FIRST.
(tee,hee)
concert, definetly concert.
I like the Osmonds music. I went and saw Donny and Marie In Vegas last spring and it was AWESOME!!
Booooo to food allergies! I hope all turns out ok. Glad you had fun at the concert! Sounds like you had a blast!!!
First of all--SO sorry I haven't been here in so long! I haven't really been anywhere in a while but I'm hoping to find a way to visit my friends via blogdania and handle my real life, as well. Second, I'm allergic to wheat,too, and you are so right! It makes eating out pretty pointless. I'm so sorry for you--it is NOT fun, esp since you can't eat corn either (I am pretty much living on corn). Lastly, David Osmond was on American Idol? Really!?!??! Whose son is he, anyway? I don't think he's Donny's, is he? Miss you!
It was nice to meeeeeet you. I'm still reeeaally tired and not asleep. I don't know why.
Oh my goodness! Are you serious? Sigh! That's like your worst nightmare, huh? Suddenly developing an allergy! How does that happen?
I didn't even know about David Osmond, but it's cute to think of the younger generation wanting to marry one. I always wanted to marry one too.
How hilarious that you were the youngest one there. Hahahahahaha at your comment about "not his target audience"
Post a Comment