I seriously suck at blogging. I either have too much to say and I don't know where to start, or I have absolutely nothing to say so there's no where to start. And apparently I belong to the "when in doubt, do nothing club" - I think I'm their most active member!
:: So, let's chat about the weather...we have entered the phase of winter that I like to call "mess with Val's head". It's a vicious cycle that really annoys me. The snow melts, it gets up to a balmy 45 - I start to think "oooohhhhh - early spring" and then a whole buttload of snow dumps down on us and then it all melts and we're back playing outside with maybe a sweatshirt on, driving around with the windows down chatting about how back in San Diego we'd have put on every piece of warm clothing we owned if it were 45 degrees out...then the buttload hits again. I NEED an early spring...I don't care what the groundhog saw!!
:: I'm taking my daughter to her first concert - a friend and I are taking our girls to see David Osmond next month at the Covey Center in Provo. He sang at a fundraiser we went to a few months ago and the girls fell in love! It was so cute...and he signed autographs and they got their pics taken with him. So if anyone wants to go...there's still TONS of tickets left!
:: Sarah from Sarah's Life is trying to get some bloggy fun happening up here north of Salt Lake...it's really not that far, I promise!! Head on over to her blog and RSVP - you know you want to - bloggy blind (or not so blind) dates are all the rage this season!!
:: We gave up cable this month...my kids thought it was cruel and unusual punishment...perhaps the part where I laughed at them might have been a bit cruel but not at all unusual! We are surviving fabulously - no doubt in part to our new Netflix account where you can watch TONS of movies and shows instantly on your computer. That sounds a little like a commercial - though there is a free month trial right now - so sign up now and SAVE! Back to our regularly scheduled programing...
:: It's been almost 2 years since we moved from San Diego, and we still haven't been back. I know, can you believe it? Me either. Every time I start to plan to go, something gets in the way, like money, or time, or the thought of having to stay at my mother-in-laws in the hood. This week I finally decided it was time...and obstacles be d*m#%d, we (the kids and I - E doesn't ever want to go back) were going to go over spring break. I even resigned myself to the Hood accommodations. I sat the kids down to discuss it yesterday, and my oldest son doesn't want to spend his 16th birthday driving down to SD, and he doesn't want to go back to the hood and blah, blah, blah. And my youngest son only wanted to go if we could bring the PlayStation in the car to play the WHOLE way and could we hook it up at Grandma's. My children apparently do not know the value of a Fun Family Car Trip. PlayStation Junkie even complained that the car ride to American Fork last week was too long!
My parents never discussed vacations with us - they just packed us up and away we'd go in the middle of the night and in the morning we'd arrive at our destination like magic. I guess my dad figured driving all night was better than listening to 5 kids fight! I haven't decided whether to tell them to suck it up - we're going - or to wait until summer and just take a girls trip and leave the whiny boys at home!
Well that's about it for now - don't forget about Sarah and David!
:: So, let's chat about the weather...we have entered the phase of winter that I like to call "mess with Val's head". It's a vicious cycle that really annoys me. The snow melts, it gets up to a balmy 45 - I start to think "oooohhhhh - early spring" and then a whole buttload of snow dumps down on us and then it all melts and we're back playing outside with maybe a sweatshirt on, driving around with the windows down chatting about how back in San Diego we'd have put on every piece of warm clothing we owned if it were 45 degrees out...then the buttload hits again. I NEED an early spring...I don't care what the groundhog saw!!
:: I'm taking my daughter to her first concert - a friend and I are taking our girls to see David Osmond next month at the Covey Center in Provo. He sang at a fundraiser we went to a few months ago and the girls fell in love! It was so cute...and he signed autographs and they got their pics taken with him. So if anyone wants to go...there's still TONS of tickets left!
:: Sarah from Sarah's Life is trying to get some bloggy fun happening up here north of Salt Lake...it's really not that far, I promise!! Head on over to her blog and RSVP - you know you want to - bloggy blind (or not so blind) dates are all the rage this season!!
:: We gave up cable this month...my kids thought it was cruel and unusual punishment...perhaps the part where I laughed at them might have been a bit cruel but not at all unusual! We are surviving fabulously - no doubt in part to our new Netflix account where you can watch TONS of movies and shows instantly on your computer. That sounds a little like a commercial - though there is a free month trial right now - so sign up now and SAVE! Back to our regularly scheduled programing...
:: It's been almost 2 years since we moved from San Diego, and we still haven't been back. I know, can you believe it? Me either. Every time I start to plan to go, something gets in the way, like money, or time, or the thought of having to stay at my mother-in-laws in the hood. This week I finally decided it was time...and obstacles be d*m#%d, we (the kids and I - E doesn't ever want to go back) were going to go over spring break. I even resigned myself to the Hood accommodations. I sat the kids down to discuss it yesterday, and my oldest son doesn't want to spend his 16th birthday driving down to SD, and he doesn't want to go back to the hood and blah, blah, blah. And my youngest son only wanted to go if we could bring the PlayStation in the car to play the WHOLE way and could we hook it up at Grandma's. My children apparently do not know the value of a Fun Family Car Trip. PlayStation Junkie even complained that the car ride to American Fork last week was too long!
My parents never discussed vacations with us - they just packed us up and away we'd go in the middle of the night and in the morning we'd arrive at our destination like magic. I guess my dad figured driving all night was better than listening to 5 kids fight! I haven't decided whether to tell them to suck it up - we're going - or to wait until summer and just take a girls trip and leave the whiny boys at home!
Well that's about it for now - don't forget about Sarah and David!



8 comments:
I can't believe the Osmonds, next generation, are out and about. Man, I feel so so old!
I am on a daily blogging regiment after seeing Julie and Julia. Some days it flows and other days I stare at the monitor and think and think... It is tough sometimes to keep it going.
And my parents never consulted me on vacays either. We are way too accommodating these days!
Good luck with the trip to SD. Sounds like fun! {insert laughter here} Hope you get it all worked out!
Isn't Donny still 12?
When in doubt, do nothing. I love it!!
And also, I totally know how you feel about the weather. It's rotten. And I'm sorry to say that March is only gonna be worst.
Val...I think I'm in that same club..next meeting will you sit with me? At least that way we can both do nothing because we have nothing to say or do nothing at all because we have too much to say and no clue where to start..LOL.
I am with you that spring should definitely come early..why in the world would anyone want to wait around to see what a groudhog see, what does he know anyway? Isn't he a blind thing? Hmmmm
Aloha, so glad I dropped in to visit.
No worries in the blog-sphere!! that's what is so great, you can just be you and it's all good!!
Glad to see you are out having fun and i am sending sunshine from Hawaii
Brandi
Hey Val.....soooooo nice to hear from you again
hang on....spring will be to Utah soon. alot sooner then here in Alberta. But we have been having some nice lovely sunshiny warm days.
when my 5 kids were growing up, we'd do road trips all the time from Albert to Idaho...from British Columbia to Idaho and vice verca, depending on where we were living at the time.
we just threw them in, told them to shut up, and off we went
no DVD's to watch and gameboys, and all the luxuries that kids have now days
and I love SD
Hey thanks for the advertising! I could use all the help I can get with that! I would just love to move to SD right about now!
Post a Comment