Monday, January 25, 2010

They say it's your birthday, It's my birthday too, yeah!



my birthday 1966

Yes, it's my birthday today!  I'm waiting for the living-room to be decorated and the presents to be wrapped so I thought I'd pop in and say hi!  My daughter made me a fabulous dinner and a wonderful birthday cake - yellow cake with raspberry filling and vanilla frosting with a hint of orange.  I love having kids old enough to cook for me. The boys are stuck cleaning the kitchen...maybe next time they'll be quicker to help cook! :)

Things have been crazy around here what with my mom's wedding and all - I almost forgot about my birthday...my cousin said it was very Sixteen Candles of me!

The wedding went well...I'm SO glad it's over.  It was filled with all kinds of family drama - wouldn't be family fun without it! We actually cheered when one brother left for home! The other brother who isn't divorced yet brought his new girlfriend and slept in the same room - awkward!  Lots of teasing and terrorizing of my children (I was tormented a lot by my brothers when we were growing up - so I tend to be a bit overprotective), lots of fun cousin time, lots of time being thankful we only rarely all get together!

I'm ready for life to get back to normal - whatever that is!  

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday, Val!

Jillybean said...

Kristina stole my comment. Oh well, I'll say it anyway.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!!!

Karen Mello Burton said...

Funny to celebrate rarely getting together. LOL But that's family.

Happy birthday!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Love the sixteen candle reference. Glad you survived the family get together. Maybe you should make a t-shirt that says " I survived my mother's wedding."

Happy Birthday! Glad your kids treated you well.

heather said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

wendy said...

thankful you rarely get to see each other ---that had me laughing.
Ah, nothing like family get togethers
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Homer and Queen said...

I hope you tortured your mom sufficiently...just like they did us when we got married!

They say it's your birthday! neer neer neer neer neer...!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!

I thought of you yesterday when my hubby's mother called (at 5:30 am) to announce she was getting married. Like your family I am sure there will be loads of drama to come with this announcement.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! Hope it was good... the cake sounds yummy, must teach kids to bake.

Queen "B" said...

Aloha ,glad to hear you survived it all!! ah yes Birthdays are fun...congrats to you!
Aloha from across the sea

April said...

WOW! I am WAAAAY late. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and have recuperated from the wedding!

Sher said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Sorry, I'm so late, it's been awhile since i read blogs.