Saturday, January 9, 2010

And they said it wouldn't last...

Today is our 19th wedding anniversary.  Wow!  It's been quite a ride so far.  Lots of ups, some downs and a few months where it looked like the ride would be closing for good - but then worked it's way back a new and greatly improved ride.

I've done a lot of reflecting the past couple of days about how we got where we are today.  I had no idea at the time that I'd picked someone so incredibly perfect for me.  He's not perfect by any means :) but perfect for me.  He really gets me (way more than I'd like him to that's for sure - it really annoys the heck out of me sometimes!) I look back on the dudes I might have married along the way and can't imagine what my life would be like if I'd have made a different choice.  

Well done younger me, well done!

12 comments:

Queen "B" said...

Aloha,
Congrats on your 19th year, I'm just coming upon 21 years Feb3. It's all seems to be in the journey with the one you love. I will say that I question all the tears at weddings at this point in my life, looking back are they crying for the Bride?, with the Bride? or do they just want to scream out "STOP"!! just kidding...I think? lol..lol..
I remember mostly being sublimely and Blissfully Happy as a Newlywed. Little did I know how long I needed to stretch out the Bliss ...lol...oh it's all worth it,La Vida Loca
Aloha wishes for a peaceful Sunday
Brandi

Karen Mello Burton said...

That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! I like the way you complimented the younger you. I feel the same way about my choice 23 years ago!

Leilani said...

Your younger you did great! Guess that's why I had to wait - don't think my younger me would have done as well. Are you doing something big for the 20th??

Barbaloot said...

Happy Anniversary! And good to see you on here:)

Kristina P. said...

Happy anniversary, Val!

heather said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is so happy that you realize how perfect he is for you. Congratulations.

mCat said...

Happy Anniversary!

wendy said...

YAY, congratulations!! Keep that marriage working and happy and full of joy.
I would have loved to have only been married ONCE.
but I think I got it right this time. He is my soul mate. A destiny fulfilled.
good to hear from you again Val

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hey Val!

Happy Anniversary! And I loved how you said "way to go younger self, way to go" so perfect!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Well girl, here's a great big old Ozarks CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary. We just celebrated our 37th here on the Ozarks Ponderosa.
May you two share a long lovin' life together!

Have a wonderful day filled with blessings of memories an celebration.

God bless, ya'll!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Be-lated Anniversary.