It was the highlight of the trip...my husband was kind of scared at the love I had for this fabulous tribute to the amazing potato. I think that might be a new hobby for me - to be photographed in front of large tacky food items...any suggestions?
Some highlights:
- No gold was found, but a shoe was lost in the river :(
- #2 got whacked with a branch and has a big scratch across her cheek!
- We drove for 30 to 50 (difference of opinion!) miles on a dirt road - I think it took 3+ hours, but was so cool.
- I think all the 1970's motel rooms went to Challis, Idaho to die. Original shag carpeting and dark paneling...the 70's called, they want their rooms back (we stayed somewhere else - who knew what was living in that carpet!)
- I made my kids eat Ritz crackers with peanut butter on them for breakfast one day - the restaurants in Challis truly scared me! I made up for it by living dangerously and letting them eat fried chicken from a gas station later in the day! (seriously best fry sauce I've had - imagine that!)
We ended up being in Blackfoot, Idaho for the 4th and it was FAB.U.LOUS! Our hotel was right across from the lake where they were shooting the fireworks off.
Spouse, #1 and #3 watched from the room window. But there was no way I was going to miss an opportunity to have fireworks right over me. #2 and I grabbed some chairs and ran across the street and sat with the rest of Blackfoot at the lakes edge and were thoroughly entertained.
It was amazing to be so close that we could even see the guy lighting them. Totally beats watching them in the church parking lot back in San Diego!! Sadly we did miss our small town parade (where they were going to drop candy from a helicopter - wonder how that worked out for them?) but this more than made up for it!
No better way to spend the 4th than on the backroads exploring America! Hope yours was just as wonderful!
2 bloggy blind dates this weekend...How many? Two of them, two of them...I can hardly wait!
First is tomorrow night with DaNae - rumor has it the elusive Motherboard will be there...can't forget my camera!
Saturday is the Crash Bash complete with Tim Tams and Musubi. I'm glad it's not in my neck of the woods - 'cause we probably won't be welcome back!
It's totally like meeting old friends for the first time...yet with the blind date jitters - will they like me, will they really really like me? (I bet Sally Fields totally regrets her quote about that!)
So, I'll be back later this weekend armed with tons of photos and stories galore. Jealous aren't you?


9 comments:
I am so jealous I can't be there tomorrow night. I know it will be completely fun and hilarious.
But I will be seeing you on Saturday!
I just laughed out loud when I clicked on your blog today!!
That potato museum is the bomb.com is it not!! Hee Hee
Nothing like a HUGE potato - pass the sour cream!!
OH my your adventure in Idaho sounds great!
Hope you have fun meeting your bloggy friends! I wanna do that sometime :D
I love the idea of taking your picture next to extra large food statues. Haha!!
And I haven't read this Crash girl before, but maybe I can swing the lunch, 'cause I know you and Kristina at least. :) Did you have to RSVP?
Sounds like a total blast! I love the cheeseball stuff too.
And the bloggy blond dates sound fun too. I have only attended the one we did in PG when Miss Heidi was out. Have a ball!
OK I love that potatoe picture. Way too cool.
So fun to meet you in person today. Glad your vacation was so great. Loved the 70's comment.
I loved to see you again! I adore you. You always make me laugh.
And I kicked Motherboard and Sher's trash. :)
I wish I had more time to chat! Nexgt time, my friend.
It was so fun to get to meet you. And I loved that you walked in with homemade bread and jams for Crash how adorable is that?? I wish I could have sat closer to you to get to know ya better but maybe we'll have to have another one and go play!
So fun seeing you Saturday. You were an absolute blast to be around. Next time I'm hosting a lunch so I can get some of your homemade bread and jam:)
I am so very jealous. I love the photo of the large potato.
Have fun meeting your bloggy friends.
Post a Comment