No, I'm not making a personal statement, it's where we are! Twin Falls to be exact!
Have you ever suddenly looked at a word and realized it actually says something about a place or an item? For example I never really thought about Rice-a-Roni - just thought it was the name. Then one day, I realized it was rice and (maca)roni - hence the name!
Same thing happened today - did you know there are waterfalls in Twin Falls? I've never actually thought about it - until I had my aha moment when I saw them...I think I spend way too much time being oblivious to very obvious things - kind of scary don't ya think?
We went to the Shoshone Falls which fascinating. Almost more fascinating was the bus of Japanese Tourists. What makes you decide from Japan that Twin Falls is your vacation destination? They were so cute and snap happy!
Complete with lots of rainbows. So very cool.
Remember that horrible tooth/gum abscess I had? Well because of many boring and yucky details, I had to have the tooth extracted this morning. They couldn't get it numb enough - so I had a small taste of what dental work must have been like in the olden days (or a torture scene from Alias!). Enough said... I must put it far out of my mind! Funny, I was trying to think about my "happy place" during the medieval torture and it was a waterfall, and now here I am - for real (except I'm pretty sure my "happy place is tropical!)
We are having a little family adventure before my husband starts his new job...yay us!! (for the vacay and the job!) We're going gold panning up in some Idahoan mountains. Which will be interesting because it has been super flat so far - nary a mountain in sight!
Wishin' y'all a fabulous 4th! Hope it's filled with lots of family, friends and fireworks!!
I'll check back in sooner if we find some previously unfound pile of gold in them thar mountains - wish me luck!
And thanks so much to April and Miss Funky Bag Freak for the tag/award - I'm thinking up my 7 things - I promise!


10 comments:
I've been to Idaho once in my life. The end.
Hi there - You are in my part of the world now!! Those Shoshone fall are definately beautiful!!
You will eventually get to some mountains. Ha Ha We do have alot of dessert here but once in the mountains it is gorgeous!!
There is a joke we have - "You-da-ho NO I-da-ho!! Great joke among the teens.
Good job on your post title!
Hope you find some gold!!
I'm headed there next week. Well, Sun Valley. But i think we pass through Twin Falls on the way. Your photo was GORGEOUS!
Have a wonderful trip. I hope you strike gold!
Yes great pictures. I have driven past Twin Falls dozens of times and never once stopped to see the actuall falls. So thanks for the lesson. Very informative.
Can't wait to read them! And gotta love tourists!
I have never been to Twin Falls, but being an Easterner I am still fascinated by the western landscape. So stark and awesome.
Good luck on the gold hunt. Remember us little people!
good trip - enjoy. I once had a boyfriend in Twin Falls so I have been there and I stayed with him for 3 weeks one summer. He ended up to be a dork. but the city is kinda cool ---and WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT HAD FALLS (tee,hee)
Val, don't you mean Id-ee-ho! ;)
Did you take that bee-U-tee-ful photo? Wow!
Hey, are you still alive?!?
Absolutely beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment