Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's been one week since you looked at me...

Finally...my version of the infamous Crash blogger lunch! I was the last to arrive at Crash's lunch, so only fitting, I should be the last to blog about it. It was exhausting. It's hard on a person to talk and laugh nonstop. I had to rest up before I could blog! (Well that and I kind of got over involved in a family members divorce and may or may not have overstepped a bit when I thought I was being helpful. Apparently I wasn't helpful at all and it's totally come back to bite me in the butt, so I've been a tad preoccupied with damage control!)


First off, I have LOVED each and every one of the 4 blog gatherings I have attended and this is in no way to demean the other 3, but Saturday's lunch was a dream come true! (Heidi, you will always be my first!! Kristina P. you are a Rockstar, and DaNae - bread and jam for you next time, I promise!)


Imagine getting to meet someone who truly made a difference in you keeping your sanity during those cold winter months by posting photos of Jack Johnsons underwear and Hawaiian Beaches...and knowing you can go play in her comment box in the middle of the night when you can't sleep, going to her blog just to hear the music.



Shelle, Pat and me



Shelle is so pretty, she even made me look good!



Back row: Amidey, Julie, Crash, Pat, Kristina P., Me, Shelle, Brittny, Jill, waiters elbow
Front row: Lisa, Debbie, Barb



At one point I looked down the table at this amazing group of ladies and they just looked and felt so familiar to me. It was so comfortable to just sit and chat with them.



Crash and her very cute family! It was hilarious the way she pimped her mother-in-law like she was the entertainment. She made her say all kinds of cute phrases for us! And I swear Crash and little Crash are twinsies.





I don't even know where to begin. What's not to love about these ladies?
Crash is a Rockstar, no way around it. A really cute, funny, friendly, gracious, caring Rockstar who hadn't forgotten to bring the little people presents on her rise to fame! She had a Hawaiian Mary Poppins bag of treasures. She just kept pulling surprises out of it! There were Tim Tams, fortune cookies, sweet/salty rice crackers, Caramacs, a hair thingy for Kristina P., cute Hawaiian key chains for all of us. And most importantly...seaweed and a Musubi maker for me!! When I had reminded Crash to bring the Musubi maker with her, I meant so she could make us some Mususbi - but even better...I got a do-it-yourself kit!! Thank you so much!! I will be trying it this weekend - with photos - so stay tuned!

I'll have to admit, I was a bit intimidated by Shelle - and I couldn't even tell you why. No reason to be - she was warm and funny and frankly I adore her! And she got me to confess that I'd always wanted a gay brother! (my mom said she'd talk to my brothers and see what they could do about that, but not to get my hopes up!!)


Pat, Miss Nutty Hamster Chica was was fabulous in person. I hope she can teach me some of her mad stalking skills. That woman's got talent! (and for the record, I think she's a bit nutty - in a good way, but I saw no evidence of hamsters!)



My old pals, Kristina P. and Julie (I seriously cannot type Kristina's name without the P. ~ I've tried!) were there. This was my 3rd time hangin' with K.P. (I just want to make myself sound pop.u.lar) and second with Miss Julie. They are marvelous ladies and I love them even more each time I see them! (and it's always great to see familiar faces when at one of these blogger blind dates!)


I'm running out of adjectives here - Can I just say everyone is fabulous and amazing and I love them all, 'cause I do?


Kristina brought Brittany who has a great adoption story - check it out and Jill ~ who amazingly bedazzled the snuggie that Shelle is wearing in the photo! Jill, it was great chatting with you again!


Cute Barb was there with her red shoes on. I had met her at Heidi's thing, but I didn't know she was Barbaloot! So that was a treat! I'm not sure why, but I'd always imagined her much older. Sorry Barb! Perhaps I should read your blog more carefully!

The long M.I.A. Funny Farmer was there - that was cool to meet her. I'd love to see her blog again! And Amidey who had the cutest little, little baby who is quite a sleeper. Even when I almost knocked her car seat over with my chair. I really am sorry about that!

And Debbie from Cranberry Fries - I haven't read her before, but I will become a dedicated stalker from here on out!


I seriously think we need a sleepover or blogger weekend so we can chat and eat musubi and tim tam slam all we want...you in?


8 comments:

CB said...

I love it - I am jealous - I hope to meet bloggy friends someday!
Sounds like a truly fabulous get together with a bunch of super women!!

(I love all your detailed descriptions - so cute!)

Barbaloot said...

Don't worry-I have an "older" name. Another lady used to think I was a older grandma:)

It was fun to see you---and I'm glad you took awhile to blog about it cuz then it's like the fun is never ending!

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry about the whole divorce mess! And I completely forgot about the hair thing! Crap! I've been sick, and I put it up. I have a list of posts I want to do, and I forgot to write about it.

I loved seeing you! You are amazing and I adore you.

mCat said...

A lunch that was even funner than dinner??? : )JK

I love bloggy get togethers and I love puting a face to a url

Cranberryfries said...

VAL! We gotta go hang sometime girl. No waiting for another friend to come into town. We're both here and since we were at opposite ends of the table we didnt even get to chat. I've been loving your blog and can't wait to keep on the stalkerish friendship we've got going on now. :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Great recap, worth the wait, and I can't wait until the next time either.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Wait... I was the last to write about it, post just up today! Intimidated by me? I instantly liked you as SOON as you walked in... new fav friend for sure! :)

Sorry about the divorce thing... yuck!

Love your recap... that was such a great lunch... Crash is the best!

val of the south said...

Shelle, I was intimidated before I met you - pre-lunch - I liked you right away too!