Sunday, June 21, 2009

hang on little tomato

The past week or so - bullet style.

  • #2 made it back from camp - soaked, muddy and had the time of her life! (thanks for all the encouragement!!)

  • I went to Kristina P's bloggy lunch and the only person I knew was Kristina! She is very popular! She provided amazing nametags. I sported the Hoff in the Buff with puppies tag. Classy, indeed! Met lots of fun people whose blogs I'll soon be stalking! Thanks Kristina!!

  • rain, rain, go away (to San Diego where they need you I hear) we are on the verge of floating away...and my tomatoes are drowning. Hang on little tomato (I LOVE that song! - the singing starts about 1:26)

  • On the one non rainy night we had a most fun ward block party. There was music and games and rockets that shot candy and junk food galore and the best part was an outdoor movie in someone's backyard. The stars were out, a slight breeze, I took my shoes off and wiggled my feet in the cool grass, looked at the stars and thought "this is what we moved to Utah for" - it was amazing!


    • Lagoon is FUN! I was very skeptical - being the disneyland, legoland snob I am - but my sister gifted us season passes for the kids birthdays and we have had a great time! The fact that it is like 5 minutes away - huge bonus! Best part - if you go early on Monday - virtually NO lines.


    • my mother-in-law is in town for a week. Her luggage was overflowing with tortillas from my favorite tortillaria in San Diego! Yay me!! 4 bags, 5 kilos each (you know they're good tortillas when they are packaged by the kilo instead of pounds!) which turned out to be 39 dozen. Should hold us for a couple weeks at least! Tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, oh my!!


    • #1 is going to boy scout camp this week. I told him he couldn't go because I'd just gotten done worrying about his sister, and I wasn't ready to start my next round of worrying yet. He wasn't amused! They're going white water rafting - what's up with these people - whatever happened to pitching tents in someone's backyard and having a cookout. Why do they have to entice my son with fun, faraway outdoor activities that make a mother crazy? I NEED my sleep people!


    • Happy Birthday to #3 - my youngest! He's 10 today. My OB picked the first day of Summer for his birthday since he was a scheduled c-section - cool huh? A big shout out to that fabulous OB who brought him safely into this world! We are celebrating with Horseshoe for dinner (something they saw on Diners Drive-ins and Dives - a concoction of burger patties, fries and cheese sauce) and Cherry Pie and ice cream. He is definitely my most favorite youngest child!!

    • Happy Father's Day to my fabulous husband! We are celebrating it tomorrow - so #3 could have his birthday all to himself. I picked a great dad for my kids. He is the humor to my discipline, he is the voice of reason to my p.m.s., He is the leniency to my overprotectedness, he is the reason my children don't have to live in a bubble!! I am truly thankful for that (as are the children!!) Happy Father's Day to my most favoritest husband!!

    I am looking forward to life settling down a bit after this week. I've missed reading and catching up with you all. It's funny, I think I have crossed over to the dark side...when something happens, I find myself thinking "I need to blog about that" - it cracks me up!

    6 comments:

    Kristina P. said...

    Lagoon is fun! We've had season passes the past couple of years, but not this year. And I miss it!

    Nutty Hamster Chick said...

    Best of luck with the son and the rafting. I am sure it will be just fine. And I hope your tomatoe plant hangs on. Fresh tomatoes totally rock.

    April said...

    Sounds like you are sooo busy and settling in! YEAH!!!! I hope you don't get washed away in all that rain!

    Karen Mello Burton said...

    Glad to get your update. I always worry about my boys when they go to camp too. All those boys being supervised by all those men. Yipes.

    And I am glad you had a pro-Utah moment. :)

    charrette said...

    I'm going to think of you wiggling your toes in the evening breeze, gathered with your neighbors under the stars, whenever I need to remind myself why we moved here!

    Great run-down of the week, full of family and fun. I can just feel the life and love oozing from its margins.

    GreenJello said...

    Wait-- I thought you knew me... you are my secret stalker, aren't you? :)