Wednesday, May 20, 2009

pain is inevitable, suffering optional

Fibromyalgia has been kicking my butt this past week. I have entered a pain cycle that sucks. I've tried all my usual things to feel better, but still it lingers. I don't like to whine (ok, maybe just a little) because there are way worse things to have, but chronic pain just wears ya down.

I think the Spring that I have been so anxiously awaiting may have something to do with it. I was really bad for about 6 weeks after we moved to Utah. I thought it was all the stress of the move and the altitude. Now I'm thinking some of it was allergies, since I'm having the same probs exactly one year later - just when everything started blooming! At least it's pretty!

I've loved reading all your blogs while I've been resting, just haven't had the where-with-all (how do you even spell that?) to comment. I'm hoping to actually say something soon - I'm waiting for my witty repartee to return...wish me luck!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hang in there, Val!

wendy said...

That has to be so miserable for you-----I might have some medicinal drift wood around that I could bring over and we could smoke (tee,hee)It probably has great healing potentials

Anonymous said...

Take care, I know how the allergy thing can be.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Anjeny said...

I'm sorry to hear that Val. I have a friend who has that sickness and I gotta say it does put tamper on things, not to mention the pain. Just know you're in my thoughts. You just take it easy. I know if I were in your shoes, I not only would whine but I would be a real pain the behind...seriously, I don't like chronic pain. So you have every right to whine, aight?

MakingChanges said...

I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear from you. I have been missing your witty comments and bloggy love.

I really hope you get feeling better SOON!

sarah said...

ugh. i've heard that that is just plain awful. feel better soon!

April said...

LUCK...I'll throw in some prayers too!

heather said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I feel so sad for you. My mom, aunt and FIL all suffer from Fibromyalgia. I'm scared I am doomed to suffer too. I think chronic pain must be the pits! But when I read posts like this it gives me more compassion for my dad.

I had absolutely horrible allergies in Utah. That's one of the main reasons I didn't LOVE living there. I could never breath.

I'm glad American Idol healed you. I finally posted my review last night. I did it just for you, even though I felt asleep several times while writing it.

Hey, verifiers says readicat.

Either your body will be re-adicated soon or you should read iCat. It must be an apple product. ;)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey now your verifier says wimpra! Ha ha

Don't be such a wimpra! ;)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I know what you mean. Chronic pain is just horrible awful. And I am sick and tired of being sick and tired if you know what I mean. So hang in.