Who knew that Ryan Seacrest is a healer? I have been healed, (or at least given a slight reprieve) from a large dose of crack known as The American Idol Finale.
I was invited to an American Idol party at my only friend in the ward's house. They have one of those basement rec rooms I've only dreamed of with the huge screen plasma tv and really comfy reclining leather couches. The kind of room I could be locked in forever and be really happy! To watch all my Idol faves and not so faves dueting with some really old yet entertaining musical icons...dream. come. true.
I loved watching Adam and K.I.S.S. - I was so happy for him - he's found his people!!
I loved seeing Kara out bikini the bikini girl.
I LOVED waiting to see if Rod Stewart was going to fall and break a hip - or if they'd be helping him off stage with a walker.
I waited to see if Fergie would fall off her high shoes. And with the big plasma screen, you could see just how dilated her eyes were...that's why I need one people - so I don't have to just guess if someone's high...
I mostly loved Kris' expression when he won! No glam, no guyliner, just a small town boy from Arkansas - totally shocked that he won. On American Idol Extra (oh yes, I did), when they showed his audition -the judges had asked him if he was the best singer there and he said no, there are others there better than him" - so modest and so real. I just hope fame doesn't mess him up or his marriage. That would be sad.
I think entertainment is the second best medicine. I am feeling better today. Thanks for all the well wishes - I really appreciate them!!
Creating a Sacred Space
6 years ago


10 comments:
Sounds like I should have been there!
Now that is my kind of healing! We should have had a blogger idol party. Maybe next season.
No joke- the WV is heallyth. Too appropriate, don't you think? I would have spelled it healeth, but I guess I can't be too picky!
I loved every minute of the finale as well. Minus a few of the performances we just fast forwarded through. But how about Steve Martin's song, eh? I kinda liked it.
I was thinking about you when I watched the finale last night...glad you were enjoying yourself and in a dream-come-true kinda setting.
I missed the first half of the show cuz I had to play a good mom and attend one of my kid's parent meeting so I only saw the last part of the show. I cheated though..I already found out who the winner was way before it aired here in Hawaii..lol...kinda like last year too, my daughter was not too happy that I already knew who won before she watched it.
But yeah, Kris looked absolutely surprised that he won..oh and I just love Steve Martin's response when asked who he thought would win, totally classic..eheheh.
Love the American Idol crack comment. LOL I watched it too, and loved all of the duets. But what I missed most last night was Biggest Loser. I must admit I am a huge (well not HUGE as in my pants size) fan!
I loved it when Kara ripped off her dress too. She was so cute how embarrassed she was.
I wrote my review last night, JUST FO' U
I loved it also. Glad it was so healing to you. Are you tempted to go to the concert when they come to Salt Lake?
THAT ---was one of the best American Idol shows ever. so fun to watch. LOVE IT
"oh yes i did" - you crack me up.
tv therapy is totally valid and real. hgtv is usually my favorite bandaid.
I loved this finale! It was the best! Except for the ending for me. I love Adam! But Kara and bikini girl was HYSTERICAL!!!!
Post a Comment