This is one of those years, I mean months! My 15 year old son has been home sick from school for 2 weeks now. He has a most horrible cough that they can't get rid of. The kind of cough that hurts to listen to - I can't even imagine what it must be like to have! He is miserable. We've been to the doctor twice and they don't know what else to do for him. He's on cough syrup with codeine, inhalers, 2 different antibiotics, steroids, using a humidifier. We're buying cough drops by the gross. Nothing's working very well. I don't know what else to do for him. I feel so helpless.
And my 9 year old son is paying the price for my needing to run my naked feet around in the rain on Sunday.
So the healthier kids and I go out Sunday evening so I can live in the moment. It was super cold rain which turned into hail as soon as we went out! We danced and ran around with our teeth chattering. My son took off running across the lawn and slipped and fell and twisted his ankle really bad. His dad had to carry him in the house, and he hasn't walked on it since!
We went to the Dr.'s and it's not broken, but he still can't put any weight on it. And he's not incredibly coordinated with the crutches (he fell and hurt it again trying to get in the house) so he's been out of school all week.
I may need to live in the moment by myself next time!!
Guess what?
I got the most amazing Mother's Day card in the mail today. From someone I've never even met! Wanna see it? Here you go:
It was a lovely treat in my mailbox! Thanks Anjeny ! I love it! I love my bloggy friends!!
Whether you are a mom or have a mom (I think I've covered everyone!) I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day, filled with lots of chocolate and someone to wait on you all day and cook for you, and give you gifts, and bring you flowers, and Coke (or Mtn Dew, or Code Red) with lots of ice in it, and clean for you and fluff your pillows and watch chick flicks with you or anything else your heart desires and make you all feel like the queens you are!


13 comments:
Thank you for wishing me a happy Mother's Day, even though I have never expelled a baby from my uterus. Hopefully, someday.
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Happy Mothers' Day back atcha!
So sorry about your injured family. I hope everyone gets back to normal asap. The make-up work is always the worst part!
Boy, you've been through the wringer! A few winters back I had this cough that sounded a lot like your son's. A friend of mine recommended Chloraseptic spray--and it worked! All the meds were drying up my throat so any little bit of post nasal drip would make me go into a major coughing jag. By numbing up the throat, the cough didn't get triggered. It sounds so dumb and simple but I swear it saved my life! Just FYI--you need a brand new bottle of Chloraseptic--it stops working well long before its expiration date. (I hope it helps your son as well as it helped me and my friend!)
Oh dear! My love and sympathy for having an extra kids home all week. Been there and done that recently. Makes me worried about summer!
Thanks for the Mother's Day love. Oh, and I got my Anjeny card today too. I would have blogged about it but I had to do my NPSA meeting. You know how it is.
Oh, and I was gonna tell you, have you had your son tested for seasonal allergies? Hubby actually lost his voice this year from all the coughing. Come to find out that it is all about the allergies. My niece is that way too. Just a thought.
I'm so happy to see you got the card already and I'm glad you like it.
I hope your son's doing better. I hate those kind of cough. Heidi and Julie have some good suggestions to try out.
Happy mother's day to you too. Hope you get some well deserved pampering.
Oh so sorry you're dealing with sick/hurt kids! I hope YOU get treated like the Queen you are tomorrow! Thanks for the wishes, right back at ya!
I totally feel your pain, the only thing worse than a 15 year old home for two weeks, is one home for ten months.
Happy Mother's Day!
Sheesh, hope the kids start feeling better soon. and that little episode of dancing in the rain ---sorry he hurt his ankle, do you make your kids sign a "will not sue you disclosure" when you are serendipitous (is that how you spell it)
{{hugs}}Happy Mothers day- fun to see anjeny's card on your site- she's aMazing!
I hope you had a great day yesterday. Sounds like it's been a rough couple of weeks. Whatever you do, don't give yourself a guilt trip over the ankle. Teaching your kids to live in the moment is one of the best things a mom can do. Someday he'll forget all about that sprained ankle, but they'll always remember the day you went dancing barefoot in the rain!
Oh that was a perfect wish. And all those dreams came true for me. ;) So glad you mentioned Code Red. You should try it on your son's cough. ;)
Shucks though. So sorry to hear all that you're dealing with. BUMMER!
Yay for Anjeny!
And thanks for all your birthday lub in my comment box. I had no idea you were so bi-lingual
Val,
Thanks for the mother's day love...backatcha sister.
Hope that everybody and everything is getting back to normal
I'm sending prayers your way...
Thank you for your sweet comments, I really appreciate them
Hugs chica
Angi
Post a Comment