Remember that toothache I whined about a few weeks ago? Well, it kind of went away and I didn't think anything more about it.....until this morning that is. I woke up with a huge lump in my gums above the tooth. Like someone had shoved a marble under the skin. Lovely image, isn't it?
So I googled 'gum abscess' and found out it could go to my brain or my heart or lungs or big toe - if I didn't get seen right away!
Weird coincedental things followed. I drug myself to church (which is what happened - I took drugs so I could make it to church!) for my son's getting set apart for his calling in the Teacher's quorum. While they were setting him apart, I thought - I should ask for a blessing, seeing as I'm already here, and they're already here in their blessing mode. So I asked, and the whole bishopric ended up giving me a blessing. And one of the counselors said his brother was an endodontist, and this was right up his alley, and he'd be happy to give him a call.
Which is how at 3:30pm I ended up at the endodontist having nasty things done to my tooth and gums.
And at 4:45 I ended up at Target getting a prescription filled.
And at 4:46 I spied the 90% off Easter stuff (right next to the pharmacy - handy!) and there were large solid dark chocolate bunnies for 35 cents.
The moral of the story is - if you only go to Target on the Sabbath because your ox is deeply in the mire, you will be rewarded with chocolate that pretends to be good for you for a fabulous price!!
In other news, it was a Beautiful Spring Day. And that made me happy (well that and the great deal on chocolate that my mouth hurts way to bad to eat!)
The kids played out on the tree swing swing and had a great time, you know why? Because the snow is GONE! Gone I tell you...and it better stay that way!
Creating a Sacred Space
6 years ago


7 comments:
That sounds super painful. I really hate the dentist, and have lived with my fair share of toothpain.
But, seeing how you were able to get chocolate makes it all worth it.
Chocolate? Did you say chocolate? Oh, I'm sorry was there something else to this story??? JUST KIDDING!!! I hope your tooth is doing better!
wv says herslya....saying you're a liar?? You just went to target for the chocolate, didn't you!!! hehehehe
That's the way to handle a root canal--just go and get it done before you have too much time to think about it! Tho, they are way easier to deal with than when they used to be way back when I had my first. Yuck! Love the positive perspective of this post! Love that you will be feeling well enough to see you on SAturday!
oh man, that's rough. i'm glad you got something sweet out of it.
That's great! Are you coming to lunch with us?
Way fun story. I'm glad that you were able to get it taken care of so quickly. Especially it being a Sunday and all.
It was nice meeting you today!
I was sooo glad to meet you today! You cracked me up!
I have had a few teeth go nuclear like that, along with root canals, etc. Yuck!
But the bunnies sound good... :)
Post a Comment