Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My family went on a cruise and all I got was this picture!



My mom, sister and my nieces all went to San Diego to catch a cruise to Mexico. This is the picture they texted me as they were pulling out of port. It made me want to cry. I really wanted to go with them. They invited me, but I have serious motion sick issues and I don't want to address them confined to a boat for 5 days!!


Here's my cute mom - she's 71 and this is the first time she's ever been on a cruise.


Look at her all nautical and ready to cruise! We were going to go on a cruise a million years ago - we went down and watched the ship unload and load at the pier - a dude that worked on the ship even flirted with us and tried to get us to go. We seriously considered just running away from our lives at the time - but common sense won out and we never went.

In some ways I wish I'd gone with them - it would have been a blast. But, alas, me with a broken ankle and a daughter battling sudden severe anxiety (I'm wondering if hormones are starting - I'm NOT ready!!)...again common sense won out and I stayed home (that and the darn sea sick thing!)

We did turn up the heat and pretend we were reading our books at the beach, but my powers of imagination are not that great. Soon we were just hot, and turned it back down!! At least we're having sun and the snow is melting, and there's no more snow until the weekend!!

I do have a class in bookbinding in Volcano, California to look forward to in March with my other sister - so I'm not feeling too sorry for myself!! (If only it were being held at the beach instead of cold, snowy mountains, it would be perfect!!)

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry you couldn't be there! I hope they have a good time!

April said...

Oh how sad! I think it would add to the ambiance and fun of Mexico to yak on people. You could blame it on the water.

Sorry you missed out! I hope your ankle heals quickly too! OUCH!!!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Cruises are so great...and I bet motion sickness wouldnt' bother you at all (I get it too, on small boats, but never on a cruise). Have some awesome tacos and watch the travel channel.

Hope your ankle is better soon. I'm gonna try to beat you to recovery!

J. Baxter said...

The best thing about a cruise is the food, so take yourself to a fancy buffet and you'll practically be there!

Anjeny said...

Hi Val, thanks for visiting my blog and the comment. I'll come curl up on your sofa with you and we can watch Korean show since you couldn't go on the cruise.

I'm glad the snow is melting on your end and there's a little sun. Hopefully real soon, Utah will be snow free.

Alyson | New England Living said...

I'm the same way with cruises. I went on one for my honeymoon and was sick the entire time with motion sickness.

Still, it's hard to watch others go and have a good time.

wendy said...

Found you blog over at April's. (did she tell you she's my long lost sister who I thought was DEAD al these years ago) it's an interesting story. I want to go on a cruise!! but am afraid too...all that water and the whole Titanic thing. But good for you mom!!

Heidi said...

Hey Val! I love your human calendar. I wish you would put a follower thing in your blog b/c I am lazy and technically challenged (but mostly lazy. And forgetful.)

Heidi said...

Just you wait, you'll have tons of followers as soon as everyone catches on. Thanks for putting in the widget!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Ok I totally tried to follow follow you , but it wouldn't let me. Does your follow button know something about me that I don't? Because I am kind of a scary follower. And I love My turn on Earth. That is what follow follow me makes me think of. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of San Diego! I really miss San Diego these days. Most of time I don't, but when spring hits I miss San Diego so much.