I have those words to the tune of "It's raining, it's pouring" stuck in my head. It's not a happy thing.
I had to drive in the big bad snow today. I considered leaving the kids at school, but I'm sure someone would eventually have called me or CPS to come get them, and I figured, better me. We survived it - thank goodness for mom's 4wd! Others were backing down the hill, slipping and sliding, almost going over the edge, but we just plowed right through it all. Not my favorite thing to do, and I will try most anything to avoid it, but not as paralyzing as I thought it would be.
I had to drive in the big bad snow today. I considered leaving the kids at school, but I'm sure someone would eventually have called me or CPS to come get them, and I figured, better me. We survived it - thank goodness for mom's 4wd! Others were backing down the hill, slipping and sliding, almost going over the edge, but we just plowed right through it all. Not my favorite thing to do, and I will try most anything to avoid it, but not as paralyzing as I thought it would be.
Finally, some beautiful snow pictures. See the pretty, pretty snow?
Eric's mom got him a super mondo snow blower when she was here - so I think we have the children's fervent praying to thank for this latest round of snow!
Connor and the neighbor trying out the snow blower.
Jared and Rach enjoying the snow.
And I am all set, my Croc snow boots came in the mail today - scary huh?

Yes, I know, but hey, it's function over form! I actually found out about them by reading someone's fashion don't blog...what can I say? They're warmish and they work.
So that's the news for now. Christmas was fabulous - we scaled back this year, but the kids still got exactly what they wanted. So all were happy! Eric was off for 2 1/2 weeks and that was great. His mom came out for a week after Christmas and it wasn't too bad! My mom flew to Vegas on Christmas Day to spend it with Grandpa Larry. And that is our holiday in a very small nutshell!


No comments:
Post a Comment