I'm so over winter already. My body (and mind) long for the warmth of San Diego! We've had a butt load of snow and I fail to see it's charms. The kids are entranced by it, they absolutely love it - as does Eric. Me, not so much. I knew winter would be tough for me, but the reality is way worse. I am a total wimp. I am freaked by driving in snow and ice - I wanted to declare snow days so I wouldn't have to drive Connor to school! The other two can walk to school - and I figure that's safer than my driving them - and they all have new snow boots so they think walking in the snow is great!
It's going to be one loooooooong winter. On the upside, it is pretty - sorry, not enough of an upside. This whole seasons thing, vastly overated (though I did find the whole leaves changing thing very cool)!
Eric thinks I need to seek psychological help, I told him I needed a ticket to San Diego and I'd be back in the spring.
So, Christmas is 5 days away. I'm still not feeling it. Maybe the dreidel party tomorrow night will help. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay... Nothing gets you in the holiday spirit faster than a bunch of Mormons celebrating Hannakuh for the candy!
I'm making the kids buy presents for each other and for me from D.I. (amazing thrift stores here in Utah) this year. I love all the vintage crap people give away. I think next year we should have an all D.I. Christmas. I don't think anyone else will back me up on that though! They did find some great presents for each other.
I am supposed to be looking for positives, so here are things I'm thankful for this season...
*:* code red mountain dew (it's red, therefore festive)
*:* sappy christmas movies containing only 3 different plot lines
*:* christmas music - singing along is good!
*:* knowing my kids are getting "guitar hero world tour" for christmas - I can't wait!
*:* candy cane taffy drizzled with chocolate - absolutely amazing!
That's enough for now - and I'll add some pictures of the lovely snow soon.
Wishing you all - Compliments and social pleasures!
Creating a Sacred Space
6 years ago


1 comment:
Hey I'm so happy I stumbled upon you! We just moved to the middle of snow-where, I mean nowhere. I can't seem to see the fascination with a white Christmas; I think it must be a San Diego thing. Glad to hear all the kids are good! Stay cool, haha! J. Swayne
Post a Comment