I'm not going to go so far as to say I love the snow, or even "like-like" it...but huge surprise to me...I don't hate it this year (so far anyway!!) I even found myself looking forward to it just the teensy-ist bit last week...weird, huh? Especially after I spent most of Fall dreading it!!
And I don't freak out when snow is forecast. And I make plans - even though there might be snow. And I went to a hair appt even though snow was pouring down (if you're going to leave your house for anything in a snow storm it might as well be your vanity!)
Am I becoming acclimated? I saw this quote the other day and found it very fitting to Utah...
"I didn't come here because I loved the place. I came to this place & decided to love it." Peter Block
I was chatting to a lady from church the other day and through the course of the conversation, I realized that I am really happy here. My family is happy here. My kids love their schools, they have friends, I have friends. The only part that's lacking is my husbands' job...which I'm holding on to faith that he'll find something more suited to him. And even with a sucky job, he's still happy to be here. As much as I miss parts of San Diego (beach), if I'm being honest, I really wasn't happy there - and my family definitely wasn't happy there.
I really like going for weeks without getting on a freeway, I love that the doctor and the dentist are literally at the bottom of the hill - maybe 5 minutes away (which works really well with my tendency to wait to the last minute to leave) I still don't go into the big city much - we have most everything we need right here.
In moving here, my physical circle has gotten so much smaller, but my emotional/mental circle has expanded greatly - to include all of you. A whole new world - one that feeds and expands me and allows me to avoid housework for hours on end :)
It's not perfect - but it seems to be perfect for us right now. Snow and all. Until February when I start complaining again.


5 comments:
Really felt like I wrote this. As I sat watching my daughter sing last night. I glanced around the room to see many familiar faces. I looked at my daughter again who was smiling and happy to be having her turn in the chorus. As we drove away in the rain, I had a warm feeling come over me. Finally I could call Utah home.
I really love the quote.
The social situation here is so comfy and nice. ANd convenience. I agree with everything you wrote.
I like your positive attitude, lady!
I loved that quote. It is so true on so many levels. Often the things we start out hating, we learn to love, because we LEARN.
I am trying to get used to this Alberta cold. (learn to love wendy, learn to love) It is often times quite miserable.
But I love the beauty of the country, the quiet, the animals...........
I am glad to hear you and your family are HAPPY there. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Val.
Oh, I'm glad! Merry Christmas, Val!
73 degrees here yesterday...just sayin'...
Post a Comment