Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mish mash of things...

I was having Sunday afternoon ennui so I thought I'd do a random thing and read a blog I'd never been to before. I went to my reader thing on blogger and closed my eyes and ran up and down my list and clicked on one. I ended up on T's website. So then I went to her followers and again closed my eyes and clicked. Who do I click on but Crash's blog. I guess it wasn't as random as I'd hoped!



:: :: ::




Have you seen drop dead diva on Lifetime? It's my new favorite show. A vapid (love that word) model is killed by a truckload of oranges and ends up coming back to earth in a plus size super smart attorneys body. Deep plot I know - what can I say, I'm all about deep these days!

:: :: ::


My mom and I went to see Julie and Julia last week. I totally loved it. I don't think I said anything - but we had lice this summer - well not we - but one of the kids (it might as well have been everyone the way I FREAKED out! (just go with me, you'll see how this all ties in, I promise) So my hair dresser told me the kid could have gotten it anywhere - trying on clothes, putting head back on rides at Lagoon, headrests at movies. So, if it's even possible, I've become EVEN MORE PARANOID!

Which leads us to last weeks movie. We're halfway there and I realize I haven't brought anything to put over the headrest at the theater. And we have the new, still imacculate car (amazing, I know!) so there's no spare anything we can use. We decide we'll hit up a store at the mall and ask for a bag. Do you know department stores don't want to just give you a bag? I was really annoyed - hello, don't you know I'm not going to use it to try to steal from you (I never knew that's why people asked for empty bags, huh!) - my hair and my sanity are at stake here people. Finally the good people at Payless Shoes gave me a BIG clear trash bag. I shoved it in my bag and we raced to the theater.

Which happened to be stadium style seating. While great for watching a movie, not so great for trying to nonchalantly putting a HUGE noisy plastic bag over the headrests without bringing tons of attention to yourselves. We sat with our heads forward without touching anything during all the TEN MILLION previews (because the lights were still on, and we were still trying to be cool and all). We finally make our move when the lights go down and the movie starts. Did you know that the beginning of the movie is incredibly quiet and well lit? We went for it anyway - and started giggling so hard that we might as well have gotten up and yelled our intentions! It's a good thing my mom loves me (and puts up with my - let's just call them "loveable quirks")!!

So you might want to think twice about inviting me anywhere in public - at least anywhere with a headrest!



:: :: ::

I had lunch with Crash and Jillybean today. Best day I've had in a LONG time! I'll post about it tomorrow with pics if any turned out!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I emailed Jill today, and she said you had a blast with Max at Ikea! I adore little Max.

Homer and Queen said...

I wipe down the chairs in movies with disinfectant...sad I know...

April said...

Queen disinfects everything....true story!

mCat said...

head lice FREAKS me out. So far, we have skidded through life unscathed, but I think I am going to start carrying extra bags and disinfectant with me at all times!

Barbaloot said...

I love that you put a garbage sack over the chair. Not gonna lie-I probly would have laughed at you:) I'm the complete opposite---I hardly ever think about germs. Maybe I will when I have kids...

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am probably guilty of living under a rock, but what is ENUI.

val of the south said...

First off, I spelled it wrong! It's ENNUI and its pronounced on-wee and it means: Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from lack of interest; boredom.

Sarah said...

I used to work at the mall and if you had come in and asked for a bag I would have given you one... just sayin. Maybe that means I am nicer than anyone else that works there. Too bad I quit huh! I never would have thought that you could get lice that way.

Karen Mello Burton said...

I love the word ennui! I don't blame you about your paranoia. It would be tough to have hair trust after that!

Chief said...

I am a cosmetologist and I will tell you, why melon has never hit a headrest. I think I might have the strongest neck muscles in the world. (and you thought that was fat didn't you?)

Thanks for following. Glad I found your spot in the blogworld

Emma said...

Yup lice sucks

Good luck with all the head rests, did you know that lice can jump?? So you could bet standing in line next to someone who has lice and it could jump on you for a ride.

enjoy!!!