I swear, will this madness ever end? I've heard it will, but everytime I think it has, more of that white stuff appears!
And the snow has almost melted off the mountains...see? (well, there's tons less than there was!)
And there is sunshine and interesting clouds - see how I could be fooled? But how many times is Mother Nature going to toy with me? I'd keep count, but it would only make me depressed!
In San Diego we knew it was spring because there were freeway flowers. Seriously, lots of patches of flowers would spring up along side the freeway, and that was about the extent of season change for me - that and the calendar telling me. So you can see how I'm confused about how all this works around here.
I did learn something important about planting - bulbs plant only in the fall if you want early flowers - because otherwise NO PLANTING until Mother's Day. I think it's part of the Utah Citizens Test - because EVERYONE knows this and it seems that EVERYONE wants to make sure I know this. I'm going to start wearing a necklace that says Mothers Day=Planting - then maybe they'll realize I've got it (until they find out I don't actually plant - oh, the horrors).
In other big news...we went to Pocatello, Idaho this week. Just for the day. Just to eat at this fine dining establishment:
A little taste of San Diego, right there in Idaho! And the tacos tasted exactly the same - like they'd been sitting under the lights a little too long. Good to know things some things never change!! And there was a big photo of Jack's drivers license (what the???) and it listed his address as San Diego...can we have a moment of silence? We truly could have been in San Diego, except for all the cowboy hats - and the cowboys wearing them.
J-j-j-j-jack, j-j-j-j-jack, j-j-j-j-jack, Jack-in-the-box, you're really cookin' Jack! (yes, in addition to all the 80's song lyrics - jingles take up a very large portion of my brain)
It was a fun spring break. Except for the jaunt to Idaho, it was a staycation. We had Ogden day and Big City Day (Salt Lake - it's only 20 minutes away, but worlds apart from our little Kaysville! - we like to keep it real by saying we're going into the big city)
And last, but surely not least - the unveiling of the short, dark, flippy hair. It's a photo taken at the Church History Museum (part of Big City Day) where you too can stand at a podium where General Authorities and Prophets have stood and sermonized at General Conference. (It could be a replica for all I know and only fools like me have stood there, I really wasn't paying attention!)
That's my 15 year old next to me and my 11 year old next to him (9 year old opted to stay home with Grandma and play video games - Idaho day was too much for him!) You'd never know there's 3.5 years between them, they look like twins! (And my little clones...no baby switchin' here, that's for sure!) I think you can click to enlarge if you want to see the flip (and the double chin unfortunately!)
Tune in next time for more adventures...livin' la vida Utah!


3 comments:
I grew up in Southern California, but we didn't eat at Jack In the Box.
Sounds like a fun vacation!
I think your hair looks cute! I've never seen it that dark, but I like it! I can't believe how LONG Rachel's hair is!! There really isn't quite anything so fine as eating food that brings back good memories -- here's to Jack!
I love and miss Jack in the box!
Post a Comment